- After all the Platitudes the ToryDups stick Two Fingers up at Police, Nurses & Firefighters
- As ToryDUP takes us back to the 19th Century Ireland elects a Gay Prime Minister
- Video: Guido fake news (again) on Corbyn’s #QueensSpeech bow — The SKWAWKBOX
- Greater Fool 2.0 - Contributors wanted
- Ditch the labels and unite #WeAreLabour
Tory manifesto on social care – a Frankenstein’s monster of bolted-together bad policies
As Jeremy Corbyn’s informal social media feed revealed today, Britain’s biggest pensioners’ organisation, the NPC (National Pensioners Convention) has called the Tory manifesto (or ‘my manifesto’, as Theresa May kept calling it) a “Frankenstein’s monster” of bolted-together bad policies that will damage pensioners and place an unfair burden on their families:
The NPC’s General Secretary was damning in her assessment:
The Conservative’s manifesto pledge on social care offers the worst of all possible worlds for millions of older people and their families.
You can read her full press statement here.
However, the SKWAWKBOX wanted to dig into the details of the matter for its readers and spoke at…
View original post 1,460 more words