- After all the Platitudes the ToryDups stick Two Fingers up at Police, Nurses & Firefighters
- As ToryDUP takes us back to the 19th Century Ireland elects a Gay Prime Minister
- Video: Guido fake news (again) on Corbyn’s #QueensSpeech bow — The SKWAWKBOX
- Greater Fool 2.0 - Contributors wanted
- Ditch the labels and unite #WeAreLabour
As the SKWAWKBOX reported at the weekend, a viewer has made a formal complaint to police about Theresa May’s comments concerning Diane Abbott, which the Tory leader made during the BBC’s Question Time special.
The comments – that Abbott planned to wipe the DNA records of ‘criminals and terrorists’ from police databases – were without foundation and making a false statement about a candidate during an election period is a criminal offence under section 106 of the Representation of the People Act 1983.
An offence that can result in disqualification from public office, as well as leading to criminal penalties.
The Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) had originally advised the complainant to report the matter to North Yorkshire Police, as the comments were made from a studio in York.
Now, in a remarkable turnaround, the MPS has decided that it will take on the case. A response from the MPS’ ‘
View original post 106 more words