- After all the Platitudes the ToryDups stick Two Fingers up at Police, Nurses & Firefighters
- As ToryDUP takes us back to the 19th Century Ireland elects a Gay Prime Minister
- Video: Guido fake news (again) on Corbyn’s #QueensSpeech bow — The SKWAWKBOX
- Greater Fool 2.0 - Contributors wanted
- Ditch the labels and unite #WeAreLabour
Ian McNicol has long enjoyed the support of enough of the NEC to remain in his post, in spite of widespread dissatisfaction – in fact fury – among members at his performance. A key pillar of that has been support from the GMB union, together with that of Unison. With those unions’ representatives behind him, he has enjoyed the backing of the narrowest of majorities on the Labour NEC.
A senior source at the union has told the SKWAWKBOX, however, that the union’s executive is reconsidering its position in the light of recent developments and the historic achievement of the Labour Party under Jeremy Corbyn’s leadership last week.
Without the GMB’s support, McNicol’s position begins to look extremely vulnerable – even if Unison remains firm – and with the vast majority of the membership against him because of his perceived failure to co-operate with the party’s leadership and, most recently, Labour HQ’s lack…
View original post 93 more words